Mandarin Interpreters in San Diego
San Diego, California is a beautiful place for both residents and visitors alike. The Chinese community makes up a generous amount of San Diego’s population. With such a thriving community, the need for Mandarin interpreters in San Diego increases by the day. Luckily for San Diego’s Chinese community, we have the largest network of Mandarin interpreters in the nation!
The Asian Pacific Historic District – San Diego’s Chinatown
Better known as the Asian Pacific Historic District, San Diego’s Chinatown is an Asian based historical and cultural community. It spans over about 8 blocks just adjacent to San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter Historic District. Chinatown began in San Diego back in the 1860s and was designated by the city as a historic district in 1987. The 22 contributing structures that still stand today date back from 1883-1930. Some of these buildings include the San Diego Chinese Historical Museum and the San Diego Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association.
- The San Diego Chinese Historical Museum was built in 1927 and was originally the Chinese Mission. In 1996 it was relocated to where it stands today. The renovated museum includes an Asian koi pond and garden. The museum is split up into three buildings: Chinese Mission Building, Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Extension, and Chuang Archive & Learning Center. The museum’s mission is to educate and inspire by celebrating and preserving the richness of Chinese culture, history, and art.
- The Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association provides charitable and beneficial activities, social welfare, and preserves the culture and traditions of Chinese people. The Chinese community has made such a large impact on San Diego.
The San Diego Chinese Women’s Association
The San Diego Chinese Women’s Association was first originally founded in 1981. It was originally referred to as the San Diego Women’s Club as a non-profit organization. At the time, women came together to brainstorm about the idea of putting together an organization to help what is now known as the San Diego Chinese Center. The mission of this organization includes:
- Promoting public awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the Chinese culture including history, art, literature, and customs.
- Assisting and supporting other charitable organizations providing relief and services to the Chinese community.
- Encouraging the pursuit of higher education by members of the Chinese community through scholarships for individuals.
Mandarin Interpreting Services Provided in San Diego
If you are wondering what services CIT’s Mandarin interpreters can provide to the San Diego area, the answer is every service! We provide certified mandarin interpreters for both legal and medical assignments. These certified interpreters have extensive knowledge of legal or medical terminology. They are guaranteed to provide a top-notch interpretation and flawlessly conducted translation.
Our Mandarin interpreters are skilled in both consecutive and simultaneous interpreting! Whether you have a large crowd or just a few people in a room, CIT provides the best mandarin interpreter. Will you need on-site, telephonic, or video remote interpreting? We can provide that too!