What is a Marriage Certificate Translation?
A marriage certificate is also known as a marriage license, wedding certificate, wedding license, or certificate of matrimony. Many different organizations, such as USCIS, require translated marriage certificates. At CIT, we translate marriage certificates, licenses, and decrees in hundreds of languages, as we have become well-known experts in marriage certificate translations.
When Do You Need a Translated Marriage Certificate?
A marriage certificate is the legal confirmation of the relationship between two individuals. Marriage is an institution protected by the law and therefore a marriage certificate, which serves as proof of marital status, often determines whether you are entitled to certain benefits or not. This is necessary for a number of situations, including but not limited to:
- Divorce applications – When applying for a divorce, you need to show evidence of your marriage
- Marriage or spouse visa – When moving to a country where your partner has full citizenship you are required to provide evidence of your marriage
- New marriage – Some countries may ask you to submit the marriage certificate from your previous marriage when registering for a new marriage
- Surname change – If you’re renewing official government documentation, like a passport or driver’s license with a new surname, you’ll need to show why it’s changed
- New passport application – You may need to submit a marriage certificate when applying for a new passport or applying for citizenshi
Marriage Certificates and Immigration
Translated marriage certificates are a prerequisite for a permanent resident visa in the USA (a green card). Certified translations of legal documents, such as marriage or birth certificates are an essential part of the marriage-based green card process. Immigration services and other U.S. authorities require official and certified translations of such documents. Your application for a permanent resident visa could be easily declined if your marriage or birth certificates aren’t translated accurately or don’t resemble the original ones. At CIT we provide certified translations with an authorized signature, corporate seal, and certification by the translator.
Can a Notary Translate Your Marriage Certificate?
No. A notary public cannot translate your marriage certificate. Such a translation would not be accepted by USCIS.
CIT Guarantees Acceptance by Immigration Authorities
CIT guarantees quality and precise marriage certificate translations, which could speed up the marriage-based green card process. Our years of experience combined with our translators’ expertise ensure that our certified translations are accepted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and other U.S. authorities.
How Does CIT Translate My Marriage Certificate?
The industries that require a translated marriage certificate have stringent rules and regulations. It is crucial to ensure that your marriage certificate is translated accurately. CIT never uses machine translations. Careless machine translations could ruin the translation of your marriage certificate. CIT uses only professional translators to translate your marriage certificate, and the final product is checked over multiple times to guarantee perfection.
What File Formats Can CIT Translate?
CIT can translate all major digital document formats, including PDF, DOCX, and DOC. You can also scan your documents and send them to us from photo formats, such as JPEG (JPG) and PNG.
How Can I Get My Marriage Certified Translated Quickly at an Affordable Rate?
CIT offers rush translation services. Contact CIT today and take advantage of the best marriage translation services in the world, at the most affordable rates in the industry.
Why Should I Choose CIT for Translating My Marriage Certificate?
- Quick turnaround time at no additional cost
- Guaranteed acceptance by the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services
- CIT works with only experienced professional translators
- The most competitive rates in the industry