Hmong Translator & Interpreter
The past 10 years made CIT into the industry leader that you see today. Our experience with clients all over the world and in nearly every industry allows us to handle any given situation with ease. We want to make the process easy, so we only require a few key pieces of information and a brief meeting to understand the job. The context of the assignment as well as the background of each party involved matter a lot. Our personalized methods bring you a project manager, who you can consult with at any time, and a head linguist. This way, when dealing with a complex language like Hmong you can easily access your interpreter or translator.
The Hmong language is spoken by nearly 3 million people, including about 300,000 in the U.S. Hmong is also called Miao in China, and is a continuum of the West Hmongic branch of the Hmongic languages. Hmong is spoken by the Hmong of Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, Guangxi, Hainan, northern Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos.
California has the largest Hmong speaking population in the country, with about 90,000 Hmong speaking residents. Following California closely is Minnesota, at nearly 64,000 Hmong speakers. Wisconsin also has a large Hmong speaking community, at nearly 50,000 Hmong speakers. The Fresno, California, and Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota areas have especially large Hmong communities, with St. Paul, Minnesota boasting the largest Hmong population per capita in the United States.
There are a very large number of Hmong dialects, which are mutually intelligible. Over half of all Hmong speakers speak at least one of the various dialects of Hmong from China. Hmong Daw (White Hmong) and Mong Njua (Green) are spoken mostly in Laos and the U.S.
- Hmong Daw (White Hmong)
- Mong Njua (Green Hmong, also called Blue Hmong)
- Hmong Shua
- Horned Miao
- Small Flowery Miao
- Hmong Dô
- Hmong Don
CIT is proud to offer Hmong interpretation in any dialect needed.
In What Settings Does CIT Provide Hmong Interpretation?
CIT will provide a certified, skilled professional Hmong interpreter or translator for a variety of industries and events, including the below.
- Corporate Industries – Let CIT’s skilled Hmong interpreters and translators help your company appeal to Hmong markets through translated marketing materials, labels, instruction manuals, product packaging, company websites, and more.
- Human Resources – CIT can translate employee handbooks, policies, training manuals, and more, to keep Hmong-speaking employees informed.
- Education – Student orientations, lectures, conferences, and more.
- Healthcare – CIT provides Hmong language interpreters for doctor offices, dentists, and more. Keep your patients informed.
- Government/Public Sector – Emergency information, public transportation schedules, applications, etc.
- Legal – Court cases, legal negotiations, contracts, medical records, and more.
Why Should I Choose CIT?
Our quality assurance guarantees go far beyond the work of our linguists. We bring you the benefit of a business relationship meant to make your life easier and invest in your future. As such, we make our customer service representatives available at all times.